Mom had her last radiation treatment yesterday and got a clean bill of health. The day was filled with celebration for her – a visit with her mom, time with family and a fantastic Italian dinner with nice red wine to cap it off.
Fortunately, she fared far better at the doctors than I did on the running path.
The holidays along with cold weather and a lot of travel have conspired against me (naturally, it could NEVER be my fault!) but I’ll be back on the horse Jan. 2. I’m planning a cleanse.
I’ve said before in this space that I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions. Truth is Jan. 1 is no different than Dec. 31 (unless you’re from Philadelphia in which case one day is Mummer Day and the other is not, but I digress).
So, with that, my list of non-resolutions for the year 2013:
1. I will not eat liver.
2. I will not speak to a single one of my neighbors.
3. I will not leave the milk out overnight. Since I don’t drink it, this will be easy.
4. I will not change my own tires.
5. I will not change to a pay-as-you-go mobile provider.
6. I will not color my hair purple.
7. I will not root for the Mets.
8. I will not wear 4-inch heels.
9. I will not smoke anything – legal or illegal. Since I don’t smoke, this will also be easy.
And finally …
10. I will not wear white before Labor Day, even though I believe it socially acceptable to do so.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL! Be safe out there!